Thursday, July 28, 2011

New Blog Post--At Last

For all of you who have wondered what happened to me since my last blog post, I thought I would give you a personal update. I have been unemployed for 2 1/2 years and during that time decided to go back to school to train for a new career. I have just completed my education and recieved an Associate's degree, finishing with a 4.0 GPA. (Even bikers can be intelligent!) While in school I had no free time, even for riding. Currently I am spending several hours a day actively looking for employment. The weather here in Santa Cruz has been perfect for riding, so until I am working I plan to spend alot of time on the road, going to the beach, and just enjoying all this area has to offer. Back in the saddle again...

13 comments:

Dean "D-Day" said...

Glad to see you back Becky!
Good job on going back to school and good luck!

John said...

Nice to see you back Becky.

Good luck with the job hunting.

John

I just published a new post after a long gap too:-
Las Fallas de Valencia

Janet - Painted Piglet, BikerChickNews said...

Well welcome back! And congrats on your stellar achievement! I wish you the best in finding a rewarding job!

Willy D said...

And all this time I thought you had joined the Circus as the ‘Wall of Death’ rider. Come to think of it, you might need a Degree for that job now-a-days. I wonder how much it pays?

Becky said...

Thank you all. I see I still have a handful of people reading the blog. Maybe if I had joined the circus I would at least be traveling! Think I will try a temp. agency just to get back to work...it's been way too long.

Anonymous said...

Great job on your edumecation! Hope you get a dream job soon.

Bikerunity said...

Congratulations on the school thing, something I've been considering myself. Ride safe!

BiL said...

So much for "live to ride, ride to live".

John said...

Hey Becky! Thought would have had a new post by now, what's happening?

IHG said...

Great to see you back! Congrats on the degree! Best of look finding that job...

Ride on Sister!

jobs said...

this is an awesome resource everyone should read

BikerThomas said...

Welcome back! Good to see other Vulcan bloggers out there :)

Mrs RC said...

Good to have you back! I've been on a similar hiatus for about 6 months now...life just takes up too much time out of my life.
We're planning a trip to the left coast for 2013, look forward to possibly meeting you then. :-)