Sunday, August 12, 2007

First Post for Biker Chickz

This blog is intentionally written for female bikers and those who want to be. My aim will be to encourage new female riders and hopefully say something that current women bikers can identify with.

I have always loved riding motorcycles – on the back! When I was 52 years old I decided my time was running out to do dangerous things. My life was so safe. I have a free and rebellious spirit so motorcycling was quite appealing to me. I signed up to take the Motorcycle Safety Council Training course. My husband also signed up so we went, not knowing what to expect. It was an intense 2 day course where they supplied little 150cc motorcycles. We both passed all the tests on the second day and were given certificates to get our 2-wheel vehicle endorsements.

We got motorcycles right away and have been joyfully riding for over 2 years now. It is a freeing experience and a feeling of independence that few people ever experience. I love the adventure of it. You never know what you will encounter along the ride.

Along with my new love for motorcycling I have many other interests. Who knows when some of those might creep in from time to time? Female bikers are independent women who love life and enjoy it to the fullest. I will be mostly writing about my personal opinions, observations, and information relevant to female motorcycle enthusiasts.

So many roads to travel
Not enough time

1 comment:

JRB said...

Good job. Keep up the great work!

And thanks for adding our link.

Places2ride.com